Bobby and Leah's Photo Album
- (Disney, 2017) A visit to CA for G.G.'s retirement party, and to celebrate her 70th birthday with a trip to Newport beach, a visit with the Georges, and our first family trip to Disneyland.
- (Natalia Graduates, 2017) Natalia graduates from pre-school at Rainbow Riders. Grampops comes for a visit to celebrate. So big!
- (Winter & Spring, 2017) Playing around Blacksburg. A little snow, and an Easter egg hunt.
- (Kaspar's 3rd, 2017) Superhero themed party for Kaspar at Romp n' Roll. Lots of running around and messy cake eating.
- (Hot Springs, 2017) Winter holiday at a fancy resport in Hot Springs, VA. Mimi joined. There were spas, ice skating, horseback riding and skiing.
- (Natalia's 5th, 2017) New friends in Blacksburg descended on Paint-n-Fun and sang happy birthday to N in English and Chinese.
- (Xmas and New Year, 2016) Everyone came to visit for our first holiday season in Blacksburg. It wasn't a white Christmas, but close enough. The kids loved making snowballs, and enjoyed a new puppy.
- (Hello VA, 2016) Our move to Blacksburg, VA. Playing at the local parks. Skating outside in Roanoake. Construction, ballet and farewell FL and hello VA.
- (Sequoia, 2016) The kids had a blast camping and can't wait to go back. Lots of fun climbing on rocks, wading in rivers, and gawking at big trees.
- (Italy, 2016) A couple days in Rome, and then a week at a resort called Forte Village on the south coast of Sardegna, ostensibly to attend a conference.
- (Summer, 2016) Mostly in Chicago, with little work trips to Cambridge and Seattle. It starts off with a little snow in April (I know, not summer), and finishes with a farewell party with friends at Cotton Tail Park.
- (Easter, 2016) Easter in Tuscany, and a farewell party with neighbors: egg hunt(s), water play and the bounce house. We will miss our friends on Bella Woods.
- (Kaspar's 2nd, 2016) Celebrating at home with friends in the neighborhood. Yummy cake and water play, and hockey presents.
- (Natalia's 4th, 2016) A rocket-themed party at MyGym with friends, family, play, exercise and cake.
- (Winter, 2016) Christmas (2015) in North Carolina, Mama's triathlon in Naples, and more.
- (Halloween, 2015) Mimi visits for Halloween. Natalia was Spider-Man, and Kaspar was supposed to be a dinosaur, but it was way too hot for that.
- (Fall, 2015) Fall in Tampa, trips to parks, rainy days, a visit to the White House, and gearing up for Halloween
- (Chicago, 2015) Summer in Chicago (all the usual haunts and more), plus Lightning games, a trip to Carolina Beach NC, England, Rio De Janiero.
- (Easter, 2015) Dying eggs, egg hunts, BBQ, and fun in the splash pool with the neighbors.
- (Kman's 1st, 2015) Kaspar's first birthday. Fun at home on the patio, and delicious blueberry cake.
- (Thomas, 2015) A day out with Thomas the tank engine. Fun in the bouncy-room and bouncy-slide, a train ride, and a meeting with Sir Topham hat.
- (Winter, 2015) Hockey games, Uncle Ryan visits, walks at Lettuce Lake, Naples, ball games and the zoo.
- (Nana's 3rd, 2015) Natalia's third birthday. So big! We played with friends and ate pizza and cake at Lettuce Lake Park. Nona and Poppops were there, with Thomas and Dora too.
- (Jan, 2015) New Years in Naples with Poppops and Nona: trips to the pool and the beach. Met up with Eve and family at the Young at Art museum, and Scarlet's 2nd birthday (with pony rides).
2014 (Year of Kaspar)
- (Xmas, 2014) G.G. and Mimi visit around Christmas time. Trees and presents and all that good stuff.
- (Nov-Dec, 2014) Liora and family visit, the childrens museum in Tampa, a trip to LA between Thanksgiving and Xmas, Jessica visits.
- (Halloween, 2014) Natalia was a cat and Kaspar was a pumpkin. So cute.
- (Fall, 2014) Summer finally cooling off in Tampa. Trips to the Children's Museum and the Aquarium (with Grandma and Gramdpa), playing out front, Lightning games, school and a birthday party at the gymnastics club.
- (Hello Tampa, 2014) Setting up the new house in Tampa. Exploring the neighborhood, and the aquarium.
- (Farewell Chicago, 2014) Our last month or so in Chicago: playing in the park, at Crown Fountian, a school play and last few days at Rainforest and hang'n with Eve.
- (LA in June, 2014) A trip to LA to see Bobie, and everyone else (Gigi, Uncle Ryan, Auntie Rhona, Grampops, and Grandma Sue). Lots of fun in the swimming pool at Bobie's.
- (May, 2014) Natalia's first haircut, Grampops and Grandma Sue visit, a trip to the zoo, and many trips to the park.
- (Egg Hunt/April, 2014) An Easter egg hunt in Cotton Tail park with Eve, other activities surrounding Easter, and Gigi visits.
- (1st 2 Weeks, 2014) Kaspar's first two weeks with the family, and with his sweet big sister Natlia. First bath and trips to the park as Spring emerges.
- (Welcome Kaspar, 2014) Kaspar's Birthday, and all the goo and lack of sleep that entails. But it was worth it!
- (Pre-Kaspar, 2014) Waiting for Kaspar to arrive: trips to the park in the snow, the inside park, Little Kickers, and Mimi visits.
- (Salt Lake City, 2014) Visiting Soren in Salt Lake City: mostly playing at the Children's Museum there.
- (New Year, 2014) Northern neck with the petting zoo over New Years; Natalia's 2nd birthday; our new house in FL; Little Kickers and getting ready for the peanut.s
- (Xmas, 2013) Christmas at Mimi's, Pop-pops and Nona's, and all the gang in Northern VA.
- (Fall, 2013) Visiting Ohio State and Columbus, OH; Pops's 70th and Halloween and early Winter in Chicago; a quick trip to Hong Kong.
- (Summer, 2013) Summer in Chicago, with trips to Florida for house hunting, LA and VA to see family, and England for the usual.
- (Sequoia, 2013) Natalia's first trip to Sequoia. Just over 20 people came, but for us it was mostly low key. We saw the biggest tree, and played in the stream.
- (Chicago in June, 2013) Trips to the park at 31st Street Harbor, music in the park at Pritzker, bathing in fountains and playing at Cotton Tail Park.
- (CA in June, 2013) A trip to Santa Cruz (we both gave seminars at UCSC) combined with a trip to LA to see family.
- (Penn State, 2013) While Leah attended EEID, Bobby and Natalia hung out on the quad. What a beautiful day. We also took a hike into the PA wilderness.
- (January in Chicago, 2013) A second (first) birthday party for Natalia and a snow day. Such a bunny.
- (2013) Miscellaneous pictures: from the Ganges. Many trips to the park and some snow in Chicago. A trip to LA to see Bobie in February, and to FL in March. Muddy Monk Mother's Day race in May. And a visit to VA in May.
2012 (Year of Natalia)
- (Xmas & New Year, 2012/13) We were in North Carolina for Christmas, in Virginia along the Chesapeake Bay for New Years, and then in Norther VA for Natalia's first birthday.
- (Missouri, 2012) A trip to the SE-corner of Missouri to visit Natalia's Pops and relatives on that side of the family. It was deer season, so we did a little bang bang.
- (Fall, 2012) Fall colors, first days at the Rainforest Learning Center, Mimi visits, and a trip to the pumpkin patch, and Halloween.
- (Lake Travis, 2012) Swimming and water skiing in Lake Travis, TX (near Austin). Thanks James!
- (Late Summer, 2012) Late summer in Chicago. Lots of time playing in the park with animals and friends, and a bit of baseball too.
- (Cambridge, 2012) The old stomping ground with the new member of the family. We were in town for N&A's wedding, and (aparently) for a photo shoot at Kings College chapel. Couldn't have asked for a nicer afternoon.
- (Early Summer, 2012) Early summer in Chicago. The fam entertain guests. Well, Natalia entertains guests. Plus, going to the park and sticking our feet in the fountain.
- (Japan, 2012) The big Bayesian meeting drew us to Kyoto (and around). We also spent some time in Tokyo (and around) visiting Yuri, Eji, and Yosei. They took us to seem some temples in Kamakura. Mimi came along for the ride.
- (Five Months, 2012) Natalia's fifth month including a visit to LA to see Bobie and the fam and walks around Chicago in Spring.
- (Four Months, 2012) Natalia's forth month including photos from Richard S's and Joo Hee's visits, her first airplane flight (a visit to NC), and a road trip through Iowa to Nebraska.
- (Three Months, 2012) Natalia's second and third month including photos from St. Patrick's Day in Chicago and our road trip to see Mimi, Poppop and Nona in Northern VA.
- (One Month, 2012) Natalia's one-month birthday, and around. Pops and Gigi visit. And lots more cuddliness.
- (Week 2-3, 2012) Natalia's second and third weeks. Big event: a new belly button! Out for walks, more tummy time, and lots of fun looks. Mimi visits
- (Bday 2012) Natalia's birthday and first week. What a bundle of joy.
- (Weddings 2011) Dan and Jill's wedding in the Green Mountains of Vermot, and Ryan and Rhona's wedding in Glasgow Scotland. A great summer for weddings.
- (Blizzard 2011) Chicago Blizzard in early February, 2011, during and after
- (Lake Louise 2011) We went to Matt and Kirsty's wedding, which apparently involves ice sculptures and hockey
- (2011) Moving into Chicago, and Ryan's bachelor party in Tahoe, quick trip to Montreal, sailing on a rainy day in Chicago, a visit to Pittsburgh, Christmas pictures at the new house on Federal St, and setting up the nursery for J'jayjaygee.
- (Singapore 2010) Bobby scuttled off to Singapore for a research visit before settling in in Chicago
- (Sweden 2010) We went to Gothenburg Sweden, and around. Bobby attended the IMS meeting, but we got a chance to be tourists too (when it wasn't raining)
- (Rosales 2010) Eric and Kris' wedding in Hakone Gardens, Saratoga, and events around
- (Spain 2010) We went to a conference in Spain. Bobby biked around with Matt and others, and we visited some cute little villas looking out onto the Med
- (Italy 2010) Leah, Jessica, and Arciris went to Florence and Tuscany and toured around vineyards and castles, etc.
- (2010) Leah visits Jessica in NM, skiing in Mammoth, gardening in Santa Barbara and Cambridge, Matt's visit to Cambridge, Eric/Richard visit too, Leah in Canterbury, brunch at the Asher's, Leah and Jess triathaloning in Santa Barbara, and the big move to Chicago
- (Sequoia 2009) The hike to Heather, Emerald, Aster, and Pear with Ryan's gang
- (France 2009) Bobby, Leah and the rest of the Cambridge gang, were in Provance for Mike and Irene's wedding. We also got a chance to tour around, visiting San Tropez, Hyeres, Aix, and the calanques of Cassis. We stayed in a cute little B&B in Pierrefeu
- (Vienna 2009) Richard N. showed us around his former stomping ground. We took in an opera and talked philosophy in many a cafe
- (Italy 2009) We were in the Southern Tirol (German speaking) region of Italy for a conference. The town we were in is known by two names: Bressanone (Italian) and Brixen (German)
- (2009) Biggest snow in Cambridge for 19 years, the garden in Spring and Summer, and a few pictures of us from Courtney and Hugh's wedding; hiking in SB, breaky, and the new apartment
- (Mexico 2008) Dad, Leah, and Bobby visited Ryan and Rhona in Mexico City. The food, coffee, and tequila were excellent, as were the sites, especially the pyramids at Teotihuacan
- (Australia 2008) We visited Sydney and around, Hamilton Island, sailed in the Whitsundays, tasted wine in the Hunter Valley, and hiked in the Blue Mountains. Some shots of the sailing trip from Dan's camera are here.
- (Switzerland 2008) A brief excursion to Zurich (to speak at a conference) and Luzern to take in the sights. Unfortunately, we seemed to bring the English weather with us. But it was still beautiful nonetheless
- (Paris 2008) We spent about 10 days in Paris (on two sides of a trip to CH, above) and did all the touristy things-- you name it! Oh, and we had some good food and wine too
- (2008) Miscellaneous pictures: skiing and dining in Bormio, Italy, and walking around Milan; pictures of our garden in Cambridge; a snowy Easter in Cambridge; Bilbao and San Sebastian Spain; running in the Chariots of Fire relay
- (Christmas 2007) We were in CA this Christams. Notable "incidents" include a hike in East Canyon, just north of Los Angeles, champagne on new years eve, and skiing in Mammoth
- (Hungary 2007) Leah, Dad, Bobby visited Ryan and Rhona in Budapest. Together we made excursions to the wine villiages of Tokaj and Villany, the stereotyically old-European city of Pecs, and the fortress at Visegrad
- (Liker Wedding 2007) The Richmon VA wedding of Leah's longtime friend Rhiannon to Scott
- (New Zealand 2007) Our honeymoon in NZ. Starting in Christchurch, we went wine tasting and hot sprining, put the chains on and drove very carefully through mountain passes to beautiful lake/alpine villiages, traversed over to the rainforests of the west coast, hiked on a glacier, and watched a lot of Rugby before bed
- (Wedding) Separated into events before and after and the wedding itself. Visit our wedding web page for more details.
- (Geneva 2007) We visited Jessica in Geneva Switzerland, and val Thoiry France. We did lots of walking and saw an old castle on the lake
- (Cambridge 2007) A proper snow day, so Bobby walked to work passing through Jesus green, along the Cam, through Trinity college and garden, then finally to work (CMS) where Bobby had a hard day of sledding on down the rooftop
- (2007) Miscellaneous pictures: churches of East Anglia (near Cambridge), punting on the cam with Matt Taddy, and watching the prelude of the Tour de France live in London
2006 (hello Cambridge...)
- (Christmas 2006) Christmas in Northern Virginia, with a couple's wedding shower and a trip to Williamsburgh
- (Ireland 2006) We went to visit Billy, Li Yan, Jacob and Amanda in Ennis, Ireland. They showed us castles, abbeys, and the beautiful cliffs of Moher
- (Germany 2006) Leah attended a conference in Rostock, Germany, and Bobby is along for the ride
- (Dartmoor 2006) Cycling on the Dartmoor. It was a hot, hilly, beautiful English Summer day in Devon
- (Grad 2006) Leah and Bobby walked for their doctorates-- the families were in town, and we partied
- (Spain 2006) Attended the 8th Valencia Meeting in Benidorm, Spain. Ryan came out and and joined us for a holiday. Dan, Kate, Ryan, and Bobby partied hard in Madrid. We wouldn't recommend Benidorm for a very authentic Spanish experience, but the beaches were pretty cool
- (Canada 2006) Visited a colleague at Acadia University in Wolfville Nova Scotia, and attended the meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario
- (London 2006) Valentines day(s) in London with all the usual suspects: Big Ben, the Tower and Bridge, the Thames, the British Museum, etc.
- (Cambridge 2006) Leah and Bobby "pretended" to be tourists in out new home town. Cambridge is a beautiful place, urban and rural, medieval and modern all at once
- (Edinburgh 2006) After barely getting a good night's sleep-- Before we had any time to take pictures in Cambridge-- we shot over to Edinburgh to visit Ryan. Good times. We did lots of walking, including an awesome hike to the nearby extinct volcano called Arthur's Seat.
- (2006) Miscellaneous pictures: Snowed in at Tahoe, the cathedral at Canterbury
2005 (farewell California...)
- (Yosemite 2005) Leah and Bobby decided to make a last minute dash to Yosemite for the weekend, so we wouldn't have to explain to Brits that we come from CA, but had never been to Yosemite. We've managed to save ourselves some embarassment, and have a nice get-away vacation at the same time
- (Arroyo Seco 2005) The Amphibious Hike at Arroyo Seco with Leah, and many friends from the AMS Department and others from the Engineering school. This is one of the coolest hikes in California!
- (Paso Robles 2005) After the Mangel lab retreat in Cambria, Leah and Bobby scooted over to Paso Robles awhere we tasted wine, hiked, and ate yummy food
- (Sequoia 2005) The usual family Reunion in Sequoia -- always a blast. Also, check out the photos and video on my brother's web page
- (July 4th 2005) Fireworks on the National Mall in Washington DC. That's all there is to say
- (Missouri 2005) After the CNSA conference in St. Louis, Leah and Bobby visited her dad's side of the family in the Ozarks of MO. We ate. And we ate. And we ate. And somehow we also found time to fish, canoe on the Black River, and waterski
- (Italy 2005) Leah and Bobby went to Italy for a conference (MCMSki). In the alpine resort town called Bormio we heard some interesting talks and did some World Cup class Downhill skiing. We also made time for (short) visits to Florence, Venice, and Milan. Altogether, we ate and drank like gluttons, skii'd like pros, and even learned a few things here and there at the conference
- (2005) Miscellaneous pictures: Hiking in Big Basin State Park. Wine tasting in the Santa Cruz Mountains with Dad and Sue. Leah's and Jessica's housewarming party. The AMS Sprinq BBQ (and soccer game). Christmas in LA and VA
- (Christmas 2004) Opening presents on Christmas eve at my Dads, with Dad, Sue, Ryan and Allison. We all made out like bandits!
- (Sequoia 2004) Thirteen of us in Sequoia this year, although it seems we only have photos including myself, Jessica, Leah and Joel. On the upside, we made it all the way to Pear this year!
- (Banff 2004) Bobby presented a paper at ICML (International Conference on Machine Learning) in Banff in July. The conference was an excuse to tour around town, around the the National Park, and Lake Louise. Western Canada is so beautiful!
- (Leah Grad 2004) Leah graduated with a Masters in Physics, on 11 June 2004. Both families were in Santa Cruz for the weekend. It was good times
- (Chile 2004) Went to the ISBA (International Society for Bayesian Analysis) Conference in Viña del Mar, Chile. We thuroughly explored Viña and the surrounding area, took a day trip to the Andes, hiked La Campana national park, and finished up tasting wine in the Central valley
- (AMS BBQ Spring 2004) Applied Math and Statistics Spring BBQ at Harvey West Park
- (Napa Valley 2004) Leah, and spent a few relaxing days in Napa over spring break. It was beautiful! We tasted some awesome wines (many you can't get at the store), and brought a few of them home for later
- (Wilder Ranch 2004) Leah, Joel, Oswald (a researcher visitng from Italy) and Bobby took a nice walk in nearby Wilder Ranch. The calendar says that its still Winter, but it feels like Summer. What a beautiful day!
- (2004) Miscellaneous pics: Valentines day, and more ...
- (Tahoe 2004) Leah, Kate, Steve, Sarah, and Bobby conquered Squaw and Alpine in North Lake. We had a great time skiing the slopes, and play'n Truckee
- (New Year 2004) Celebrating the New Year in Virginia with Leah and family: on the Chesapeake, and in D.C., Indian Summer style
- (Christmas 2003) A pre-Christmas holiday party at Leah's place in Santa Cruz, and a late Christmas with her family in Virginia.
- (Pressler Wedding 2003) Leah was a bride's maid for her best friend Jen's wedding in October. It was lots of fun
- (Sequoia 2003, Again) A second trip to Sequoia. This time during the summer, with the camping and the BBQing, more hiking, and more mischief. Joel, Amy, Dad, and Westley were there too!
- (Virginia 2003) Visiting Leah's family and friends in Virginia. A lot like last year, but then again, quite different all together. Take a look-see
- (Sailing 2003) Some of Leah's friends took us saining on the San Francisco Bay. It was lots of fun, and really wey out there
- (Grad Weekend 2003) Grad weekend. Photos from the tide pools at Natural Bridges State Park, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, and the BBQ after graduation
- (AMS BBQ Spring 2003) Applied Math and Statistics Spring BBQ at Seabright Beach
- (Sequoia 2003) Leah and Bobby spent part of Spring Break seeing the big trees and the big views in the snowcapped Sierra's of Sequoia National Park. So pretty!
- (Tahoe 2003) Leah, Ryan and Bobby joined Dad and Sue for a weekend of skiing in Lake Tahoe. It was Leah's first time skiing in over 10 years. Nevertheless, she did fantastic, and we all had a great time!
- (Leah move 2003) Bobby helped Leah move into a new house in Santa Cruz. She kind of has an ocean view!
- (2003) Miscellaneous pics: Bonfire at Seabright Beach, Valentines Day, Leah's Housewarming Party, Halloween, stomping on grapes at Bonny Doon Vineyard, and more
- (New Year 2003) The first pics of the new year (and some from the very end of the old year). We played Cranium, watched Dick Clark, and the ball dropping, and then had a quit time at the beach reading, and watching people play with driftwood at Seabright Beach
- (Christmas 2002) Ryan, Bobby and family down in the LA area for Christmas. Then Leah and Bobby were reunited just before New Years and had our own late Christmas
- (Summer in Virginia / North Carolina 2002) Bobby visited Leah's friends and family in Virginia, and my cousins in North Carolina. It was super fun!
- (Easter 2002) Lots of yummy food was made, and a "Happy New Year" banner was cleverly changed
- (Spring Break 2002) Leah and Bobby visited LA and went to Santa Barbara for a weekend
(England, Winter 2001/2002) Pics from my brother and my trip to England.
We visited Vanessa and Binx in London, beautiful Edinburgh, some random people in Bristol, and Shakespeare (Stratford) upon Avon
- (Fall 2001 - Spring 2002) miscellaneous pictures
2001 and long ago
(... 1997) These pictures are quite old
(from the long-ago time of the late 90's).
They feature family, best of friends, cute puppies, and people near and dear to my heart. Enjoy
Robert B. Gramacy -- 2009